We’re excited to invite you to join us live on February 22, 2021 for our free Keynote Presentation by Dr. Ruth Oshikanlu MBE titled, “Attachment Begins in Utero: The Vital Role of Facilitating Parental-Foetal Bonding”! This presentation marks the end of our live presentations, but NOT the end of the conference. There’s still plenty of time to listen to recordings and learn from the amazing knowledge and wisdom of our expert speakers.
Dr. Oshikanlu is a multi-award winning nurse, midwife, and parenting expert. She is the author of “Tune In To Your Baby: Because Babies Don’t Come with An Instruction Manual”, and was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the New Year 2019 Honours List for being an Ambassador for the Health Visiting Profession and for services to Community Nursing, Children and Families. She is a Churchill Fellow and was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from London South Bank University in November 2019.
Dr. Oshikanlu’s presentation offers insight into the complex concept of parental-foetal attachment, which involves the emotional attachment between expectant parents and their foetus. Health care providers working with birthing families have a vital role to play in promoting healthy attachment. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn more about the following:
- What is parental-foetal attachment?
- The difference between how expectant mothers and expectant fathers connect with the unborn baby
- How is maternal-foetal attachment measured?
- How is paternal-foetal attachment measured?
- A tool that can be used to promote parental-foetal attachment
- The role of health care providers in promoting parental-foetal attachment
- Supporting expectant parents who have had previous pregnancy loss
- Supporting expectant parents who have had assisted conception
- The potential impact of trauma on parental-foetal attachment
- How care providers can employ trauma-informed practices to support women and their partners and encourage antenatal attachment
This presentation is available to both conference attendees as well as the general public. By reserving your seat, you will also receive access to the recording of the presentation in case you are unable to attend live.
Don’t miss this chance to broaden your skills and knowledge with this practice changing presentation.
Seats for this presentation are limited so we encourage you to reserve your spot today.
Live Feb. 22, 2021
Session 1: 16:00 UTC (8am PST / 11am EST / 3am AEDT next day)
Session 2: 21:00 UTC (1pm PST / 4pm EST / 8am AEDT next day)
Reserve your seat here for live or recording access:
Access to this presentation is completely free and you will be able to access the recording until March 16. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided. Attendees registered for the full conference will earn certified midwifery CEUs (ACNM, MEAC, CERP and ACM CPD Recognized Hour) for all 13 presentations available at GOLD Midwifery 2021.
We look forward to connecting with you next week!
Your GOLD Midwifery Online Conference 2021 Master of Ceremonies
Kristin Schwarz, LM & Fiona Lang-Sharpe, NAMCW, IBCLC, CLD, CLE, LCCE