Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal precautions and newborn caring standards and under supervision of the Midwife Supervisor in order to ensure their health conditions.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of family planning, management for victims of sexual violence, gynecological care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities following MSF protocols
- Collaborate closely with the social workers and Mental Health team in the management of sexual violence cases to ensure a holistic model of care.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization processes (including universal precautions) are followed according to MSF specifications.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality are respected.
- According to MSF protocols, identify cases needing referral at a 2ndary or 3rdary health structures.
|Education||Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Essential professional license of practice from SEM (Syllogos Epistimon Maion)|
|Experience||Desirable previous experience working with other NGOs.|
|Languages||Mission language (English) and local language (Greek) essential.|
|Knowledge||Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code “Samos Midwife” in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted